Thursday, July 5, 2012

Off to Honduras

After once again tackling the "wild and wonderful" forests of West Virginia, I safely made it back to Kentucky.

The night before my trip home, a huge storm hit Virginia, West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky. The Weckerlein's trees suffered some damage, but thankfully their house was okay. I didn't expect the storm to cause any problems for my trip home, but boy was I wrong.

Long story short, no electricity = no way to pump gas. After searching for a gas station, with the fear of running out of gas before I found one, I waited for 45 minutes for it. West Virginia, you never cease to amaze me.

I've been home for 5 days now and head to Honduras tomorrow. No, of course I haven't started packing yet. I don't have to be at the airport until 5:45 AM. That's plenty of time. Plus, I haven't completely unpacked from DC. I've been too excited finding out and preparing for a new niece and spending time with my family and friends.


That's right, I'm going to be an aunt again and I'm super excited!

It's been 5 years since my last trip to Honduras. I'm very anxious to go back and see what God has planned for the team and me. I have been asked to prepare and teach a short lesson to go along with one of the programs that we'll be doing at the schools. I know, I'm talking to a bunch of kids, but I'm still nervous. I'm not nervous because I'm speaking in front of people, but because I want to communicate clearly and communicate the gospel.

As I said before, I will be blogging while I'm there and hopefully some of my fellow teammates will be willing to write posts as well. Thank you for all of you who have supported me and the team financially and prayerfully. They have been greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment