Monday, July 23, 2012

Getting Back in the Swing of Things

I've been back for over a full week now and it's already felt as though I've been here all summer. Throughout this past week I would think to myself, "Where was I this time last week?" My answer usually was playing with kids, attempting to speak Spanish or puppets. I miss that.


There is no doubt I miss Honduras, but I've definitely missed my old Kentucky home. I started back at AirMart. They let me out of the conference room and promoted me to the front desk. It's the little things that make life exciting.


Something I've really enjoyed  is getting to catch up with friends. One of my best friends and roommates, Sharayah, came into town to take a test for a class she's taking this summer. It was a great excuse for her to visit me.


We went to a new restaurant in Lexington called Shakespeare and Company. The atmosphere and decorations were great. We really enjoyed our goat cheese and herb pizza as well. The service wasn't so great, but I'd give it another chance.




Afterwards we went to our favorite coffeehouse, Common Grounds Coffeehouse to hear the live music they have every Friday and Saturday night. To our disappointment, the guy singing and playing his acoustic guitar wasn't very good. There was only a small table of his friends who yelled out inside jokes and songs for him to sing. Although it was somewhat amusing, we decided to head upstairs to chat and found this sign on the door of the room we wanted to go into.




We decided not to intrude. I thought about leaving the number of the CDC and their website for Zombie Preparedness. It's a comical website and amazing public relations case study. If you call or text the number on the sign, please let me know their response.


Only 2 1/2 more weeks and I move back to school. I can't believe how quickly this summer has gone by! It is definitely not what I expected it would be, but it seems that God always exceeds my expectations. Going to France didn't work out. Visitng my friend in England and Northern Ireland didn't happen, but the adventures I had in DC and living with Julie and Martin are unforgetable. I learned so much and grew in ways I didn't see coming. It was great making new friends in DC and seeing old ones in Honduras. This is my last school summer break and it's definitely been a memorable one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment