Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Honduras Day 3 and 4

Yesterday and today we got to start our daily routine of visiting schools and VBS at the church. We visit two different schools each morning. We sing songs, perform a skit, a team member gives a small summary afterwards and then pass out candy. When I say "we" I mean the puppets. The kids love them and they're a great arm workout. There are so many pictures I could post, but I'll just post a few.






I got to speak at a school on Monday with Fernando translating for me. The kids looked as though they were listening and interested, but kids smiling and laughing as they point to me and talk in Spanish happens a lot.

After lunch, we prepare for VBS at Melvin's church. The girls and I lead the crafts. Today the kids made masks and they loved them. Like I said, so many pictures, so many cute kids.






After VBS yesterday, we went to the pottery place that made all the pots that we put in the landscaping on Saturday. I remembered going there on one of my previous trips, but it was cool to see it again. They make beautiful and ornate pots. The family that owns the place showed us around and how they make them too.


 
The weather is absolutely fantastic here! I'm not sure I can say that enough. I'm definitely not looking forward to going back to the 100+ weather in KY. Because there is no daylight savings time, it gets dark pretty early here, which I'm not a fan, but the great weather makes it all okay.

1 comment:

  1. You're in luck- when you come back there's no more 100+ weather...now, it's "only" 86F!

    ReplyDelete