Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Last Weekend in DC

It is so hard to believe that I will be heading home a week from today. I've had awesome experiences and a blast while in DC/Virginia. The Weckerleins have been wonderful hosts and I am going to miss city life. I do miss the Bluegrass State and will be glad when Ruby (my truck) is part of my daily commute again.

I have made an effort to hit some of the touristy spots while here and have been successful for the most part.

Last Sunday, the Weckerleins, Julie's friend and I all went to Arlington Cemetery. It was Father's Day, so we saw a lot of balloons and flowers placed by children of the fallen soldiers. Talk about sobering and  being so thankful for their sacrifice.


Today was my last chance to squeeze in any DC spots that I still wanted to see and to hang out with Lyman, Katie and Allie. The only place that I was dying to go to was Georgetown Cupcakes. After waiting in a line for a bit, we tasted the famous sweet cupcakes. They were totally worth the wait.



After lunch and cupcakes we decided to walk the mall and see if anything was going on. I was excited, because I really wanted to run across the Capitol reflection pool like the scene in Forrest Gump when Jenny runs across it. I know, I'm ridiculous, but my mission was accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment