Friday, May 25, 2012

All Things Work Together for My Good (Part 2)

In Janruary I wrote a post about the great opportunity I had to serve in France this summer as an internship to fulfill my international internship requirement. Then in April I wrote an update about going to the Pentagon for an internship as well as Honduras for another. Well, things have changed......again.

Some things didn't come together for the Pentagon and although I'm bummed that I will not be interning there, I still have a great opportunity in DC. My friend Chad heard about my predicament and told me that the Government Communiations Department at the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom had an open communications intern position. In fear that the Pentagon might fall through, I decided to apply for the position. After emailing my resume and two phone interviews later, I was offered the position and accepted it.

I'm not exactly sure what all I will be doing, but I know they are wanting me to begin more of an online presence for them, especially in social media. Being the nerd that I am, this is something that my friend Jane and I talk about often.

Once again, God has worked out everything for his glory and for my good. It definitely wasn't the way I had planned my summer or the way I thought it would work out, but I know he has great things planned for me in DC and I'm excited to see what they will be. Don't worry, I'll be blogging while in DC.  

No comments:

Post a Comment