Monday, August 27, 2012

One Week Down, 14 More to Go

The first week of my senior fall semester has come to an end. As you can probably tell by my lack of blogging, it's been busy. Last week was RA training. I have been incredibly blessed to work with the great RA staff for this year and can't really describe how great that week was in words, so I'm going to let you interpret it through the pictures below. Enjoy.

Shopping at Hobby Lobby for decorations
Swimming in the Kentucky River

Celebrating the few strikes we got in bowling
Dodgeball Team "Eldersgate"

Sporting the Goodwill shopping spree finds

I promise we did do training-like activities. For example, the Wilmore Fire Chief did a  fire safety lesson with all the Residence Life staff and taught us how to put out fires with a fire extinguisher. Before it was my turn, I asked him if I could wear his helmet. He gave me a great big smile and placed it on my head as I stumbled to balance its weight. I could totally be in their next year's calendar.


The fun had to come to an end with the commencement of classes. Sometimes I get so caught up with everything revolving around academics that I forget that that is why I am at college. My mom just says that I enjoy it way too much. She's right, because Friday night I was, once again, part of the world's largest water balloon fight. (Check out last year's post HERE)



Saturday night followed with a dance party at CSF, which are always fun for us Asbury students who have been deprived from such fun. Sunday finished the weekend with going to a bridal show and church with friends. I hope this weekend is a sign of the fun ahead. It's my last year. I have to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment