Monday, April 15, 2013

Building Community


Choosing to spend  my four years of college at Asbury was certainly one of the best decisions I've ever made. Asbury really seeks to build and encourage community among students and faculty, both on and off campus. I have greatly benefited from it and have an amazing group of friends that I'm going to miss tremendously.

This past weekend, and the previous weekend, were both full of events. Here are some snapshots in both still and moving picture form.

Junior Senior with Cassie
I have enjoyed living with Cassie for the past three years. She has been a very kind, caring, and loving roommate. I'm sure she won't miss me talking in my sleep or tendency to lose everything, but I'll certainly miss her.


This past week were the Legacy Games, which are a campus wide competition between classes. Although my class failed to leave our legacy this year, we came in second. Here's a clip from Wednesday when we played Korean War.


The cap  event of the week was The Finale. It was a dance to celebrate the end of the week of events and was a ton of fun. It was superhero themed and some of us really got into it. In the beginning of the video you can see Zach on the left who created an iPad app with the Green Lantern symbol. Some of my friends are nerds.

Like I said, the community I've been a part of at Asbury has been a great blessing. The past two years I've been praying for a community that I could be a part of once I graduate. With only three weeks (that's right, only three) that prayer has been answered.

Tyler and I are both involved in a Missional Community in downtown Lexington. It's been challenging, encouraging, and exactly what I was praying for. Yesterday, we cooked out and played wiffle ball in Woodland Park.



If you're in the Lexington area, we'd love to have you join us. Click HERE for more info.

I have found community to be vitally important. I am so thankful for the community I've been part of for the past four years and am excited to see what my new community will become.




1 comment:

  1. Janah I am very interested in this missional community here in Lexington!! Cuold you shoot me an email at keith_wynn@hotmail.com so I could ask a question or two about it?

    ReplyDelete