Monday, February 6, 2012

There's Something I've Been Hiding

One thing I don't like to tell people about myself is that I'm a cheerleader. That's right, a skirt wearing, obnoxiously loud yelling, stunt throwing cheerleader. I often times have a love hate relationship with the title. I hate it because of the stereotypes that go with it. If you've ever seen this movie, you know exactly what I mean.

via



I love it though, because I get to break that stereotype. This past Saturday, the whole squad got to break that stereotype, by sharing the gospel with over 60 little girls! We put on a half day cheer clinic. We taught the girls cheers, chants and a dance and they were able to preform what they learned at halftime of one of the basketball games. I was completely exhausted at the end of the day, but left with a smile knowing that someone might have heard about Jesus for the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment